Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a new perspective on natural language predicates by analyzing data from the Plains Cree language. Contrary to traditional understanding, Cree verbal complexes are syntactic constructs composed of morphemes as syntactic objects that are subject to structurally defined constraints, such as c-command. Tomio Hirose illustrates this in his study of vP syntax, event semantics, morphology-syntax mappings, unaccusativity, un incorporation, and valency-reducing phemena.
- Author BiographyTomio Hirose received his Ph.D. from the University of British Columbia in 2001. Having spent a year at the University of Leipzig as a research associate, he is currently affiliated with Matsue National College of Technology, Japan.
- Author(s)Tomio Hirose
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2003
- Series TitleOutstanding Dissertations in Linguistics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.