All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOrla Kiely is a virtuoso of vintage pattern and design. - The Sunday Business Post Whether you're a fan of Orla Kiely's cult retro patterns or t, it's hard to resist her second book. - Real Homes Internationally rewned designer Orla Kiely describes her career as 'a journey in pattern and colour'. Her distinctive palette, and graphic and stylized motifs in clean repeat constructions, have won her devoted fans across the world, and have helped to turn, what began as a small British business designing bags, into a global fashion, accessories and homeware brand. Following the success of her first book Pattern, Home opens the door on Orla's own house, looks at a series of British, Irish and Scandinavian case studies - all beautifully photographed by Richard Powers - reveals the mid-century modern items that have inspired her work and tracks the creation of her homeware range including furniture, textiles, wallpaper and ceramics. 'I have always been inspired by architecture and interiors so the move into furniture and homewares was completely natural,' Orla says. 'To me, the home is where we can truly express our style and personality, where we can be playful.' Contents Includes...Elements My Work My House Case Studies Siegel House Scheer House Villa Bendvold Bygdoy House Brabrand House Aarhus ...And Many More!
- Author BiographyOrla began her career studying at Dublin's National College of Art. She obtained her master's degree from the Royal College of Art in London and has subsequently been a visiting lecturer at the RCA and Chelsea College of Art. She was also an external examiner for the National College of Art and Design in Dublin for two years. In 2005 Orla was awarded the Irish Tatler Irish Woman of the Year for design. She has also judged on several occasions for the UK Graduate Fashion Week Industry and Media Awards.
- Author(s)Orla Kiely
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication07/10/2013
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintConran Octopus Ltd
- Out-of-print date01/12/2016
- Content NoteApproximately 250 photographs
- Weight1504 g
- Width246 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.