All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last decade or so, the widespread adoption of digital techniques have greatly expanded the possibilities of applying ornament in design. As well as looking at the c topic of ornament, the book reflects on what is currently happening in the light of current theoretical and historical research. The author is a theorist and historian who also has a deep kwledge of the effects that digital culture has on architecture his most recent book deals with this set of issues. A historical perspective is often necessary to understand the potential for change of the present. He asks whether we may be on the verge of a radical redefinition of the relation between architecture and politics based on the emergence of a new relation between subjectivity and ornament.
- Author BiographyAntoine Picon is the G Ware Travelstead Professor of the History of Architecture and Technology and Co-Director of Doctoral Programs at Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD). He is also Director of Research at Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussees, Paris. He has published numerous books and articles mostly dealing with the complementary histories of architecture, science and technology, among which are: French Architects and Engineers in the Age of Enlightenment (Cambridge University Press, 1992 and 2009), Claude Perrault (1613 1688) ou la curiosite d un classique (Picard, 1988), L Invention de l Ingenieur Moderne, L Ecole des Ponts et Chaussees 1747 1851 (Presses de l Ecole Nationale des Ponts et Chaussees, 1992), La Ville Territoire des Cyborgs (L Imprimeur, 1998), Les Saint-Simoniens: Raison, Imaginaire, et Utopie (Belin, 2002), and Digital Culture in Architecture: An Introduction for the Design Professions (Birkhauser, 2010).
- Author(s)Antoine Picon
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2013
- Series TitleArchitectural Design Primer
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width166 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.