All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this inaugural volume of the Doxa & Praxis series, esteemed theologian Kallistos Ware examines the future questions and concerns that await Orthodox Christianity and especially its theological reflection. Long-rewned for the depth of his theological, historical, and ecclesial work, Metropolitan Kallistos maintains that recent Orthodox preoccupation with the church will give way to theological engagement with what it means to be human. In that anthropological endeavour, he argues in this brief yet orienting piece, Christian theology has steep challenges to meet but also crucial insights to offer for illuminating the human condition.
- Author BiographyKallistos Ware, Metropolitan of Diokleia, is former Spalding Lecturer in Eastern Or--thodox Studies at Oxford University and presently Emeritus Fel--low of Pembroke College, Oxford. Among his many influential books The Orthodox Church (1995) and The Orthodox Way (1995).
- Author(s)Kallistos Ware
- PublisherWorld Council of Churches (WCC Publications)
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGeneva
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintWorld Council of Churches (WCC Publications)
- Weight185 g
- Width140 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.