All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTechniques for generating orthogonal polymials numerically have appeared only recently, within the last 30 years. These techniques and related applications, all supported by MATLAB programs, are here described and presented in a unique format consisting of copious exercises and solutions, designed by the author to stimulate reader participation. Important computational problems in the physical sciences are also included as models for readers to then solve their own problems. Having been described as a 'very valuable addition to the literature on orthogonal polymials', this book will benefit mathematicians, computer scientists, and all types of engineers and scientists, as well as students.
- Author BiographyWalter Gautschi spent postdoctoral years at the National Institute of Applied Calculus in Rome as well as at the Harvard Computation Laboratory, after which he worked for three years at the National Bureau of Standards in Washington, DC and for four years at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory. From 1963 to 2000 he was Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Purdue University, Indiana and Professor Emeritus thereafter. In 2001 he was elected Corresponding Member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Foreign Member of the Turin Academy of Sciences. He was named a SIAM Fellow in 2012. Professor Gautschi has held editorial positions on several journals devoted to numerical analysis.
- Author(s)Walter Gautschi
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSoftware, Environments and Tools
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Weight730 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.03Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $29.80Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.