All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book generalises the classical theory of orthogonal polymials on the complex unit circle, or on the real line to orthogonal rational functions whose poles are among a prescribed set of complex numbers. The first part treats the case where these poles are all outside the unit disk or in the lower half plane. Classical topics such as recurrence relations, numerical quadrature, interpolation properties, Favard theorems, convergence, asymptotics, and moment problems are generalised and treated in detail. The same topics are discussed for the different situation where the poles are located on the unit circle or on the extended real line. In the last chapter, several applications are mentioned including linear prediction, Pisarenko modelling, lossless inverse scattering, and network synthesis. This theory has many applications in theoretical real and complex analysis, approximation theory, numerical analysis, system theory, and in electrical engineering.
- Author(s)Adhemar Bultheel,Erik Hendriksen,Olav Njastad,Pablo Gonzalez-Vera
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/02/1999
- Series TitleCambridge Monographs on Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 5
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note18 b/w illus.
- Weight790 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Series Edited byMark J. Ablowitz,S. H. Davis,E. J. Hinch,A. Iserles,J. Ockendon,P. J. Olver
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.