All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionSir William Osler (1849-1919) had a long and distinguished career as a physician and professor at McGill University, the University of Pennsylvania, the Johns Hopkins University, and finally, as the Regius Chair in Medicine at Oxford University. Over the course of his professional life, Osler gave many addresses-mostly to medical students-on medical ethics, medicine and the humanities, the relationship between the medical practitioner and the patient, and, as the titular essay makes clear, on the way of life he advocated for the ethical physician. He remains an inspiration to many contemporary medical practitioners; there are active Osler Societies throughout the world. While Osler's talks were frequently published during his lifetime and they have been published individually and in different compilations since his death, ne contain the over 1500 antations that appear here, tes that serve to explain the many philosophical, biblical, historical, and literary allusions contained in Osler's writings. This thoroughly explicated selection of Sir William Osler's writings will be cherished by physicians, medical students, nurses, philosophers, theologians, and ethicists in this-and future-generations.
- Author BiographySir William Osler (1849-1919) was Regius Chair in Medicine, Oxford University, 1905-1919, and Professor of Medicine and Physician-in-Chief at The Johns Hopkins Medical School, 1888-1905. He was the author of numerous works on medicine and medical ethics. Shigeaki Hinohara, M.D., is Honorary President of St. Luke's International Hospital and Japan Society for Medical Education. Hisae Niki, M.A. is Professor of English at Meikai University.
- Author(s)Sir William Osler
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2001
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note2 illustrations
- Weight925 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byNiki Hisae,Shigeaki Hinohara
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.