All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ottoman Empire was one of the largest and most influential empires in world history. Its reach extended to three continents and it survived for more than six centuries, but its history is too often colored by the memory of its bloody final throes on the battlefields of World War I. In this magisterial work-the first definitive account written for the general reader-rewned scholar and journalist Caroline Finkel lucidly recounts the epic story of the Ottoman Empire from its origins in the thirteenth century through its destruction in the twentieth.
- Author BiographyCaroline Finkel has lived in Istanbul for many years and traveled widely in Turkey and the former Ottoman lands. She has a doctorate in Ottoman history from the School of Oriental and African Studies at the University of London. Osman's Dream is her third book. She currently divides her time between Istanbul and London.
- Author(s)Caroline Finkel
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication03/04/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBasic Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.