All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionGabriel Levin's second collection builds confidently on his highly praised first. In graceful, exacting lyrics, he addresses subjects wrested from a stark, natural world of 'fire and ash' desert tints, and its diverse, vital heritage, with a rare sensitivity to the life of things past as well as present. In Ostraca , his journey through the Mediterranean and the Levant is attuned to a wide mix of voices (among them, the lone voice of a sentry, pieced together from five potsherds or 'ostraca') and a range of times and places, from the Sahara, Cyprus, Byzantine Mt Athos and war-torn Leban to his refractory, adopted Jerusalem, and an emerging Palestine.
- Author BiographyGabriel Levin, born in France in 1948, grew up in the United States and Israel. His first collection of poems, 'Sleepers of Beulah', was published in 1992. His poems, essays and translations from Hebrew have appeared in literary magazines in England and the United States.
- Author(s)Gabriel Levin
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight101 g
- Width134 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.