All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShortlisted for the CILIP Carnegie Medal 2010, Keith Gray's hit vel features a group of three friends who embark on a remarkable journey from Cleethorpes to Scotland with a stolen urn containing the ashes of their best friend...Now adapted for the stage by Birmingham Rep for a production by their Youth Theatre in 2011, Ostrich Boys is ideal for KS3 and KS4 English and will appeal strongly to boys as well as girls. This educational edition in Methuen Drama's Critical Scripts series has been prepared by national Drama in Secondary English experts Ruth Moore and Paul Bunyan. Building on a decade of highly effective work and publications endorsed by national organisations and supported by teachers and consultants across Britain, each book in the series: * meets the new requirements at KS3 and GCSE (2010) * features detailed, structured schemes of work utilising drama approaches to improve literary and language analysis * places pupils' understanding of the learning process at the heart of the activities * will help pupils to boost English GCSE success and develop high-level skills at KS3 * will save teachers considerable time devising their own resources.
- Author BiographyKeith Gray has written a number of award winning novels for teenage readers, including Creepers, shortlisted for the Guardian Award, The Runner, winner of the Smarties Silver Award, and Malarkey, winner of the South Lanarkshire Book Award. Carl Miller is a playwright and Literary Manager of the Unicorn Theatre, London.
- Author(s)Carl Miller,Keith Gray
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides : General
- Series TitleCritical Scripts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Note3 b&w photos
- Weight112 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byPaul Bunyan,Ruth Moore
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.