All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book John Henson suggests that by basing our practice and understanding of communion on the event of the Last Supper we have igred those other occasions when Jesus ate and drank with the people of his day, with the result that we have reversed the intentions of Jesus. Instead of the meal being an invitation to inclusion, the churches have used it as a means of exclusion; instead of the beanfeast of the Kingdom it has become a gathering around the cetaph. In these studies Christians are challenged to return to the mind of Jesus by allowing all the evidence of the gospels to be put into the balance. Although the author's prime purpose is devotional, there are revolutionary implications. Should the churches take the contents of this book seriously, communion will never be the same again.
- Author BiographyJohn Henson graduated in history and theology from Southampton and Oxford Universities, and is now a retired Baptist minister. He is the editor of Good As New, the radical new translation of the New Testament.
- Author(s)John Clifford Henson
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication16/02/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.