Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past fifteen years the Commission on Equilibrium Data of the Analytical Division of the Inter- national Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry has been sponsoring a ncritical compilation of metal complex formation constants and related equilibrium constants. This work was extensive in scope and resulted in the publication of two large volumes of Stability Constants by the Chemical Society (London). The first volume, edited by L. G. Sillen (for irganic ligands) and by A. E. Martell (for organic ligands), was published in 1964 and covered the literature through 1962. The second volume, subtitled Supplement No. 1, edited by L. G. Sillen and E. Hogfeldt (for irganic ligands) and by A. E. Martell and R. M. Smith (for organic ligands), was published in 1971 and covered the literature up to 1969. These two large compilations attempted to cover all papers in the field related to metal complex equilibria (heats, entropies, and free energies). Since it was the policy of the Commission during that period to avoid decisions concerning the quality and reliability of the published work, the compilation would frequently contain from ten to twenty values for a single equilibrium constant. In many cases the values would differ by one or even two orders of magnitude, thus frustrating readers who wanted to use the data without doing the extensive literature study necessary to determine the correct value of the constant in question.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication29/07/2013
- Series TitleCritical Stability Constants
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1100 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byArthur E. Martell
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.