All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis seventh and final volume of his celebrated journals completes the story of a remarkable man and his lifelong search for spiritual fulfilment. With the election of a new Abbot at the Abbey of Gethsemani, Merton enters a period of unprecedented freedom, culminating in the opportunity to travel to California, Alaska, and finally the Far East -- journeys that offer him new possibilities and causes for contemplation. In his last days at the Abbey of Gethsemani, Merton continues to follow the tumultuous events of the sixties, including the assassinations of Martin Luther King, Jr., and Robert Kennedy. In Southeast Asia, he meets the Dalai Lama and other Buddhist and Catholic monks and discovers a rare and rewarding kinship with each. The final year is full of excitement and great potential for Merton, making his accidental death in Bangkok, at the age of fifth-three, all the more tragic.
- Author BiographyThomas Merton (1915-1968) was a Trappist monk, writer, and peace activist. His spiritual classics include the bestselling The Seven Storey Mountain, which has sold millions of copies, New Seeds of Contemplation, and The Sign of Jonas. Brother Patrick Hart, O.C.S.O., general editor of the journals, was Merton's last secretary and edited several of Merton's other writings.
- Author(s)Thomas Merton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/1999
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Series TitleThe journals of Thomas Merton
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Volume editorPatrick Hart
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.