All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore American women are childless than ever beforenearly half those of childbearing age don t have children. While our society often assumes these women are childfree by choice, that s t always true. In reality, many of them expected to marry and have children, but it simply hasn t happened. Wrongly judged as picky or career-obsessed, they make up the Otherhood, a growing demographic that has gone without definition or visibility until w. In Otherhood, author Melanie Notkin reveals her own story as well as the honest, poignant, humorous, and occasionally heartbreaking stories of women in her generationwomen who expected love, marriage, and parenthood, but instead found themselves facing a different reality. She addresses the reasons for this shift, the social and emotional impact it has on our collective culture, and how the new rmal will affect our society in the decades to come. Notkin aims to reassure women that they are t alone and encourages them to find happiness and fulfillment matter what the future holds. A groundbreaking exploration of an essential contemporary issue, Otherhood inspires thought-provoking conversation and gets at the heart of our cultural assumptions about single women and childlessness.
- Author BiographyMelanie Notkin is an entrepreneur, author, speaker, spokesperson, marketer, and the leading voice of the nearly 50 percent of American women who are childless. Notkin is the founder and creator of the popular Savvy Auntie(r) lifestyle branda celebration of modern, cosmopolitan aunthood. Notkin s book on the subject, Savvy Auntie: The Ultimate Guide for Cool Aunts, Great-Aunts, Godmothers, and All Women Who Love Kids, was a Wall Street Journal bestseller. Notkin s writing has appeared in The New York Times and she is a contributor to the Huffington Post and PsychologyToday.com. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Melanie Notkin
- PublisherAvalon Publishing Group
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date01/06/2016
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.