All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEveryone puts multiethnic faces in marketing materials, but it's mostly a token gesture. Because even as the U.S. grows increasingly diverse, most professionals have little real kwledge of those different from themselves. OtherWise is a deep and engaging exploration of diversity in America and how we can bridge differences-across race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, faith, and even politics. It goes far beyond census data into the realm of cognitive and social science, helping readers break through stereotypes and fears to a profound understanding of people unlike themselves. This is t touchy-feely stuff, but crucial information for businesspeople everywhere whose success depends on embracing the new realities of their workforce, their suppliers, and their customers. Readers will discover: What America's changing demography means for business; how unconscious biases shape behaviors and beliefs; how to connect across cultures, borders, and perspectives; and, how to move beyond tolerating differences to capitalizing on them. OtherWise strips away the barriers of us and them, and lays bare profound truths for relating to others around us.
- Author BiographyDICK MARTIN is a writer whose articles have appeared in the Harvard Business Review and other publications. The author of Tough Calls, he was executive vice president of public relations, employee communications, and brand management for AT&T.
- Author(s)Dick Martin
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1 g
- Width64 mm
- Height92 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.