All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAn international team of four authors, led by distinguished philosopher of science, Nancy Cartwright, and leading scholar of the Vienna Circle, Thomas E. Uebel, have produced this lucid and elegant study of a much-neglected figure. The book, which depicts Neurath's science in the political, ecomic and intellectual milieu in which it was practised, is divided into three sections: Neurath's biographical background and the socio-political context of his ecomic ideas; the development of his theory of science; and his legacy as illustrated by his contemporaneous involvement in academic and political debates. Coinciding with the renewal of interest in logical positivism, this is a timely publication which will redress a current imbalance in the history and philosophy of science, as well as making a major contribution to our understanding of the intellectual life of Austro-Germany in the inter-war years.
- Author(s)Jordi Cat,Lola Fleck,Nancy Cartwright,Thomas E. Uebel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1996
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleIdeas in Context
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.38
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illus.
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Series Edited byQuentin Skinner,Lorraine Daston,Dorothy Ross,James Tully
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.