Our Arabian Nights on the Terrace by Lisette Langlois (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is summer of 1968, a new music is in the air. A dionysan epidemic is spreading like wild fire all over the western world. Seemingly overnight, thousands of young people are waking up to leave behind security and consumerism, heading East and South in search of truth and the miraculous. An incent girl from Northern Ontario meets a bad boy from New York. _They both take a big leap into wild adventures cruising the colorful roads of Morocco. For years to come they immerse themselves together with a select group of friends in an exotic Islamic world, adding new tales to the never ending collection of The Arabian Nights. _ The book delivers a touching compassionate inside view into the Islamic culture, being as it is a real life anthropological study of a recently demonized people. Going deep into Moslem life, butting heads with it's patriarchic structure, the author emerges victorious as an ardent feminist. Ms Langlois is the mother of three, two of which were in tow in their early years. She studied the healing arts after returning to the US. Besides writing, she dedicates herself to healthy food, organic farming and sustainable living in Hawaii. About the Author Ms Langlois is the mother of three, two of which were in tow in their early years. She studied the healing arts after returning to the US. Besides writing, she dedicates herself to healthy food, organic farming and sustainable living in Hawaii. She grew up in rthern Ontario in a French Canadian household, the 7th of 12. Left with her twin sister Lise, to live in Toronto in the early 60's, ran into an old school friend in the Village and soon was turning on, tuning in and dropping out! She went to L.A. with her American boyfriend in 67 and worked there for eight months preparing to go live in Tangier with a few friends who had been there the previous year. A 'search' was the dominating theme of these travels. Giving birth in Tangier brought many new stories and wonderful experiences. Witnessing two other births in Tangier also set the stage for her future interests, the healing arts! Having had a very strict Catholic upbringing made Ms Langlois ask many questions about religion and dogmas. e emerging emancipation of women was eclipsing the old beliefs and demanding answers. _ is is an account of her personal feelings and experiences confronting the issues of the day! Bill and Lisette had three children and settled in Florida to be close to family. They still maintain friendships with old friends from those early times in Tangier.
- Author(s)Lisette Langlois
- PublisherDog Ear Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDog Ear Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight206 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.