Our Auntie Rosa: The Family of Rosa Parks Remembers Her Life and Lessons by Eddie B. Allen, Sheila McCauley Keys (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $32.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShe was there, encouraging and helping us throughout our lives. To the world, she is Rosa Parks, but to us, she was simply and wonderfully 'Auntie Rosa.' -From Our Auntie Rosa A warrior in the fight for freedom, justice and equality, Rosa Parks had the vision for a better world. She demonstrated that one person's actions can indeed make a difference. What many don't kw is the person behind the persona. Auntie Rosa, as she was called by the many nieces and nephews she helped raise, extended her love and encouragement to her closest kin. She was a guiding force and inspiration in their lives and, in this remarkable book, they share with readers the great wisdom Auntie Rosa imparted to them. In OUR AUNTIE ROSA, the family of Rosa Parks presents a collection of personal remembrances, reflections and never-before-seen photos and letters that pay tribute to Rosa Parks' incredible strength and determination. Parks' brave act on a bus in Alabama on December 1, 1955, was just one moment in a life lived with great humility and decency. OUR AUNTIE ROSA is a life's instruction manual from one of the most famous figures in American history that will inspire generations to come.
- Author BiographySheila McCauley Keys is the seventh niece of civil rights heroine Rosa Parks. In 2013, Keys was featured in PBS's live television broadcast of the National Day of Courage, celebrating what would have been Mrs. Parks's hundredth birthday. That same year, Keys joined President Obama and legislators in unveiling a statue of Rosa Parks in the Capitol Rotunda. Keys has become an active voice in efforts to preserve her aunt's legacy. Eddie B. Allen Jr. is the author of Low Road: The Life and Legacy of Donald Goines and is an award-winning reporter and freelance journalist whose work has appeared in The New York Times and the Detroit Free Press, on BET.com, and with Reuters and the Associated Press. A Rosa Parks Scholarship recipient at age seventeen, he later covered Parks's nationally televised funeral, as well as various aspects of the freedom struggle that carries her footprint.
- Author(s)Eddie B. Allen,Sheila McCauley Keys
- Date of Publication28/04/2015
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.