Our Energy Future: Resources, Alternatives and the Environment by Christian Ngo, Joseph Natowitz (Hardback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $140.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $161.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an overview on the different aspects of the energy value chain and discusses the issues that future energy is facing This book covers energy and the energy policy choices which face society. The book presents easy-to-grasp information and analysis, and includes statistical data for energy production, consumption and simple formulas. Among the aspects considered are: science, techlogy, ecomics and the impact on health and the environment. In this new edition two new chapters have been added: The first new chapter deals with unconventional fossil fuels, a resource which has become very important from the ecomical point of view, especially in the United States. The second new chapter presents the applications of natechlogy in the energy domain. * Provides a global vision of available and potential energy sources * Discusses advantages and drawbacks to help prepare current and future generations to use energy differently * Includes new chapters covering unconventional fossil fuels and natechlogy as new energy Our Energy Future: Resources, Alternatives and the Environment, Second Edition, is written for professionals, students, teachers, decision-makers and politicians involved in the energy domain and interested in environmental issues.
- Author BiographyChristian Ngo, ScD, was formerly executive general manager of ECRIN (Echange et Coordination Recherche-Industrie) and scientific director of the Atomic Energy's High Commissioner Office. In 2008, he founded Edmonium Conseil, a consulting company. He has worked in fundamental research for twenty years, and has published approximately 200 papers. Dr. Ngo is the author of ten books in French and has been involved as an energy expert in several studies of the OPECST (Parliamentary Office for Evaluation of Scientific and Technological Options), a common committee of the French Parliament and Senate. Joseph B. Natowitz, PhD, is currently University Distinguished Professor Emeritus at Texas A&M University (TAMU). Previously at TAMU, he served as head of the Department of Chemistry and Director of the Cyclotron Institute and held the Bright Chair in Nuclear Science. Among his awards and honors are the American Chemical Society Award in Nuclear Chemistry, the ACS Southwest Regional Award, and the Association of Former Students Research Award at TAMU. Professor Natowitz has served and continues to serve on the program advisory and/or review committees of many national and international research facilities as well as on Advisory Committees for a number of international conferences. Professor Natowitz has published more than 300 research papers.
- Author(s)Christian Ngo,Joseph Natowitz
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight850 g
- Width163 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.