All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMike's dead Dad's friend's daughter has asked him to father her child. His boyfriend Bert isn't convinced. Their housemate Sofia has her own fish to fry. She needs to find a man before it's too late, but her Dad keeps getting in the middle. A moving and playful portrait of fatherhood by international company Babakas, who tell a story that crosses borders and decades.
- Author Biographyfound touring company Temple Theatre, who create original shows inspired by Ancient Greek culture. Mike is a co-founder and director of BE FESTIVAL, Birmingham's annual European theatre festival, which programmes performances that cross borders between cultures, languages and styles. He has directed and performed for Shakespeare's Globe, Jumbled, Foster and Dechery, Tangram Theatre and CASA Latin American Theatre Fesitval. He has taught and directed for the National Youth Theatre since 2004, and is currently a BA course tutor at Birmingham School of Acting. Mike is one of the co-founders of Babakas. Sofia Paschou studied acting and physical theatre (Archi, Athens and LISPA, London) and is also certified in classical singing. She has performed in theatre productions and concerts both in UK and Greece; her most recent work was Grimm & Grimm directed by Lilo Baur (Porta Theatre, Athens). She performed as an actor/musician in Temple Theatre's production of Hippolytus, and has also composed music for various plays, the most recent being the City of Darker Skies (London Bubble). This year she joined the LISPA Team as a voice teacher after having completed the teacher training course at the school. Sofia is one of the co-founders of Babakas. Bert Roman trained in contemporary dance at the Lier Higher Institute in Antwerp. He has worked as a performer for United-C (Netherlands), Diecimenodieci (Italy), Andwhatbeside(s)death, De Maan, Cacao Bleu, Joji Inc and Fonkel (all Belgium). As a movement coach and choreographer, he has worked with de Munt/La Monnaie Royal Opera House (Belgium); Temple Theatre (UK); and Theatre Temoin (UK), and he often coaches individual performers in the development of their own work. Bert was selected for Danceweb '09, an international scholarship programme for dance professionals - part of the the ImPulsTanz Vienna International Festival. Bert is artistic director of Birmingham-based company Kiviki Dance and has also worked as Venue Designer and Venue Manager for BE FESTIVAL for the last two years.
- Author(s)Babakas,Bert Roman,Mike Tweddle,Sofia Paschou
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2014
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight77 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.