Our First Family's Home: The Ohio Governor's Residence and Heritage Garden by Ohio University Press (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.31Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated volume tells the story of the home that has served as Ohio's executive residence since 1957, and of the nine goverrs and their families who have lived in the house. Our First Family's Home offers the first complete history of the residence and garden that represent Ohio to visiting dignitaries and the citizens of the state alike. Once in a state of decline, the house has been lovingly restored and improved by its residents. Development of the Ohio Heritage Garden has increased the educational potential of the house and has sparked an interest in the preservation of native plant species. Looking toward the future, the Residence is also taking the lead in promoting environmental issues such as solar power and green energy. Photographs by award-winning environmental photographer Ian Adams and botanical art by Dianne McElwain showcase the beauty of the home's architecture and the myriad of native plants that grace the three acres on which the Residence stands. Dianne McElwain is a member of the American Society of Botanical Artists in New York. Her botanical paintings have won numerous awards and are found in prestigious collections throughout the United States. Essays highlight the Jacobethan Revival architecture and the history of the home. The remaining pieces cover the garden and include an intimate tour of the Heritage Garden, which was inspired by Ohio's diverse landscape. Finally, Goverr Ted Strickland and First Lady Frances Strick-land discuss the increasing focus on green energy at the Goverr's Residence and First Lady Emerita Hope Taft explains how native plants can help sustain the environment.
- Author BiographyMary Alice Mairose is the residence curator at the Ohio Governor's Residence. Ian Adams is a nationally renowned photographer based in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, specializing in natural, rural, historical and garden photography. His publications include The Art and Craft of Garden Photography and The Holden Arboretum, with text by Steve Love. Dianne McElwain is a member of the American Society of Botanical Artists in New York. Her botanical paintings have won numerous awards and are found in prestigious collections throughout the United States.
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication20/05/2008
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width5182 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byMary Alice Mairose
- Illustrator(s)Dianne McElwain
- Photographs byIan Adams
- Foreword byFrances Strickland
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.