All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionI feel like I've waited my entire career for this book!... This is a book written with a professional's expertise and a parent's heart.- Dr. Jane Bluestein, author, Creating Emotionally Safe Schools and The Parent's Little Book of Lists If you are involved in the life of a child with sensory processing challenges, Our Hearts' Desire will serve as an invaluable resource throughout your journey. It will help you understand sensory processing disorder in a developmental framework and will empower you with the information and resources you need to create the most supportive environment for your child. It offers useful tips for how to deal with a variety of family, school, and social issues; provides scripts and sample letters for communicating your child's needs; and delivers numerous other tools to ease your struggles. Alongside the information it supplies, the book shares Marci Laurel's experiences and insights as a parent who raised two children who struggled with some of the same problems. A highly practical guide, Our Hearts' Desire is also deeply personal.
- Author BiographyMarci Laurel, MA, CCC-SLP, has been a speech/language pathologist for more than thirty years, specializing in sensory processing disorders related to communication. She currently works at the University of New Mexico Center for Development and Disability, where she provides assessment, consultation, and training related to children with autism spectrum disorder and their families. Carla Williams, OT/L, has been an occupational therapist for twenty-seven years, specializing in treatment of children with sensory processing disorders. She is owner and director of KidPower Therapy Associates, a multidisciplinary therapy clinic serving the Albuquerque area. They both tour nationally and internationally, lecturing on sensory processing challenges, and together, they have authored a book on this topic. Their collaborative work, Our Hearts' Desire, is a highly practical guide that is also heartfelt and deeply rooted in Marci's personal experiences as the parent of two grown sons who struggled with some of the issues described in the book.
- Author(s)CCC Marci Laurel Ma,Carla Cay Williams Ot/L,Marci Laurel Ma CCC
- Date of Publication01/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.