All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSusan Cutsforth and her husband, Stuart, are 'ordinary' people living an extraordinary life. They both work full-time: one is a teacher librarian of thirty years, and the other, a middle-level clerk in the public service. But, as Susan recounts, they own a holiday house, Pied de la Croix, in Cuzance, a small village in south-western France - the other side of the world. And t only that, this petite maison required significant revating, which they accomplished almost singlehandedly during their working holidays. Our House is Not in Paris is a story of pushing boundaries, aiming high and, most of all, taking risks. With humour, poetry and insight, Susan's story shows that you can do more than simply dream...Our House Is Not In Paris has been a sensation as an ebook and is w being published in print. Here is a sample of reviews being posted by readers: 'On more than one occasion I had to visit my local deli in Sydney and buy French cheese and bread to join the author on the steps of her rural French house.' 'What a catchy title. What a great little holiday read. I loved this book. I could think of thing better than to buy a little house in France...with this book I was able to partake in the journey with Susan Cutsforth. I only wish my Kindle could show photos!' 'Wonderful and touching! Thank you for your story! It was both wonderful and touching. I have t revated in France but have the same hard work and endurance for projects in my bones. Husband and I spent time in France this year. I learned a touch of French from the library Michael Thomas tapes. I am still infatuated with France and still watch the movies and read the books. I can't get eugh. I really enjoyed your adventures. So far away, but netheless, so determined to successfully carve out a life there. I will continue to think of both of you and will secretly wonder if every weather vane I see is yours! Bonjour!' 'Fantastic Fantastic...This book had my attention from the start until the end, it moved at a frenetic pace. The author has a magical ability to paint a clear picture of everything French. On more than one occasion I had to visit my local deli in Sydney and buy French cheese and bread to join the author on the steps of her rural French house! (True) If you are considering visiting France it is an ideal book to give you an insight into what to expect and what is expected of you. Well at least outside of Paris! For anyone revating, anywhere, it is a must read. The passion is obvious t only in the revating but also the writing.' 'A totally wonderful read, I just loved it. An amazingly easy read. I really felt like I was in France along with Susan and her resourceful hubby. I enjoyed the building of the numerous relationships within the memoir. I want to kw what happens next in the revation of the cottage. Bring on the next instalment.'
- Author(s)Susan Cutsforth
- PublisherMelbourne Books
- Date of Publication18/10/2013
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne, VIC
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMelbourne Books
- Weight371 g
- Width154 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- eleanor_dashwoo...12 May, 2016by
fast shipment, good packaging and book condition as described. AAA++++ seller!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.