Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionLewes, set among the Downs and just a few miles from the sea, is prized for the rich history enshrined in its Norman castle, medieval town walls and venerable High Street houses. Those lucky eugh to live there, however, relish the vibrancy of its here-and-w as much as its enviable heritage. In the long, hot summer of 2003 David Arscott explored the county town with his microphone and camera to record the thoughts and experiences of people from all walks of life Lewes life. Here are its shops, restaurants, hotels, churches, pubs and schools, and first-hand accounts of day-to-day life from a wide range of Lewesians involved in arts and crafts, brewing, politics, journalism, photography, book-selling, hairdressing and a wealth of other industries and activities. Ranging from the busy High Street to the estates on the fringes of the town, this is contemporary Lewes as it has never been seen before - a vivid celebration of today's community which will itself one day be a small part of the historical record.
- Author BiographyDavid Arscott is a former BBC Radio Sussex producer and presenter who has written more than thirty books about Sussex. These include: A Century of Eastbourne and Brighton in the News for Sutton Publishing. In 1998 he founded the Sussex Book Club, he also runs a publishing company, Pomegranate Press. David lives in Lewes.
- Author(s)David Arscott
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/1980
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleBritain in Old Photographs
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSutton Publishing Ltd
- Content Note200 b&w illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width165 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.