All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the course of a historic year of civil unrest and the emergence of the #BlackLivesMatter Movement, thirty teen writers from Frank W. Ballou High School in Washington, DC came together to take part in this national conversation about race, inequality, violence, and justice. Through their powerful, personal stories these writers intend to Change the Narrative about youth of color. We are t thugs, they say. We are t victims. We are big sisters and sports stars, academic strivers and everyday heroes. We speak out for justice. We dream big dreams. These writers want more for themselves, more for their community, more for their generation. And they are challenging their readers to listen, and to recognize in each story a common humanity worthy of dignity, support, and respect. This riot of voices must be heard. These books were created in collaboration between the students of Ballou High School and Shout Mouse Press. Learn more at www.shoutmousepress.org
- Author(s)Ballou High School Writers
- PublisherShout Mouse Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleBallou Story Project
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShout Mouse Press, Inc.
- Content Note, colour illustrations
- Weight222 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byKathy Crutcher
- Foreword byKyle Dargan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.