Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the diverse cultures of Pakistan, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Vietnam, Germany, Guyana, Somalia, and others, immigrant children write of their experiences leaving their homes and moving to a new country. The stories, poems, and pictures in Our New Home tell of the fear and sadness, the excitement and challenge of moving to ather world and forging a new sense of self in a new land.
- Author BiographyEmily Hearn has worked at the National Film Board, written programs on music, dance, and poetry for CBC Radio and the Polka Dot Door for TVO, and she wrote a natural history comic strip Mighty Mites with artist Mark Thurman for OWL magazine. She has written several children's picture books, including Franny and the Music Girl and Hattie Pearl Click Click, both published by Second Story Press. More recently, Emily has released two books of poetry: Grass of Green Moment and They Look Like This To Me. She lives with her husband, Douglas Valleau, in downtown Toronto where they make music, write, walk, and entertain their grandchildren. Marywinn Milne has a BA in French from York University. Her teaching career spanned over 30 years with the Toronto District School Board, where she taught grades one through four. She also worked for many years as an ESL/D teacher and Teacher/Librarian. She was nominated for the Award of Excellence by the Ontario School Library Association.
- PublisherSecond Story Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSecond Story Press
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight256 g
- Width205 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byEmily Hearn,Marywinn Milne
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.