Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBears roam North America from the waters of the Canadian arctic to the forests of the United States southeast. Black, grizzly, and polar bears are thrilling to see in the wild and exciting to study. In order to appreciate how wonderful bears are it helps to get to kw them. Black bears, the most abundant bear in North America, can be seen just a short distance from populated areas. Their numbers are stable and even increasing in some places. Unlike black bears, however, grizzly bears are a rare sight. They have completely disappeared from California, though they remain the state's emblem. Polar bears are t easy to see, either, living in lands that are difficult to reach.
- Author BiographyThis book provides a close-up view. Ron Hirschi and Tom Mangelsen have spent many hours observing bears in the wild. They have a special love for these majestic creatures. Together, they are the perfect guides into the secretive world of bears. With a lively and informative text, and stunning photography, Hirschi and Mangelsen offer a look at the lives and behaviours of bears, and the challenges that our three bears face as humans affect their habitat.
- Author(s)Ron Hirschi
- PublisherBoyds Mills Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationHonesdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBoyds Mills Press
- Out-of-print date30/01/2013
- Content Notefull colour photographs
- Weight372 g
- Width229 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Photographs byThomas D. Mangelson
- Interest Age7+
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.