All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe International Year of the Woman, 1975, signaled the beginning of a new era in theatrical expression for women in France. Our Voices, Ourselves: Women Writing for the French Theatre explores the circumstances surrounding the sudden burgeoning of feminine - and feminist - interest in the theatre. Some of the authors introduced here appear in print for the first time in the United States. Relying on both published and unpublished materials, as well as on interviews with many of the authors, this study seeks to stimulate interest in theatrical productions written, staged or directed by women. Recognition is given to women playwrights who are bringing new talent, insights and techniques to the French stage.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Celita Lamar is Director of Undergraduate Studies in French and Italian at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. A former Woodrow Wilson Fellow, she has written on Helene Cixous and has presented papers on a number of other women playwrights. For some years now she has been involved in the development of the Women's Studies Program at the University of Miami.
- Author(s)Celita Lamar
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1991
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleCurrents in Comparative Romance Languages & Literatures
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.