All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSo many readers asked to write my biography since in all my 25 books and 75 articles on spiritual culture they could find thing about my own life. This is the result of my philosophical background where it is required to remove anything personal or to abstract ideas from their embodiments. However my phemen became so enigmatic that many people got confused if I was doing something myself or only thinking and writing as academic scholar. Actually, my own life was overfull of dramatic experiences and intensive spiritual practice. My path was crossed with too many great and famous teachers and interesting personalities. This life could be cut so many times while starting again in the same body that it was rather 'series of lives'. It was whole conglomerate of personalities while I really wanted out and this biography has ended my efforts at least for me.
- Author BiographyMaria Nikolaeva (Atma Ananda, Shanti Nathini, Dolma Jangkhu) - The Master of Philosophy and Personal Psychology; the fellow of 'Research Association'; the author of 25 books on spirituality and practical guidance printed in Russia, USA, Europe and Asia (110 000 copies) and above 75 articles; constant press correspondent for different magazines, and translator of classic scriptures into Russian. After leaving her position as editor in Saint-Petersburg State University she spent 5 years in India living in ashrams and visiting holy places. She practiced yoga with about 30 Indian and Western teachers, completed courses in Yoga-shalas, was certificated as Yoga-teacher, and got membership in the Indian Academy of Yoga. She was initiated in ancient Indian traditions Natha Sampradaya and Kriya Yoga; became Karma-Sannyasini in Vedanta Order (through Bihar School of Yoga). She was also engaged in comparative research of other Eastern cultures becoming Reiki Master; publishing her books on Taoism and Feng Shui; practicing Tai Chi and traveling to China. After Buddhist refuge she practiced Karma-Kagyu Nendro in Nepal, learned such meditations as Vipassana in Sri Lanka and Thailand, and Zen in Vietnam. Two years traveling through South-East Asia working with many spiritual masters, she stopped for another two year in Bali Island (Indonesia) continuing her work.
- Author(s)Atma Ananda
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.