Out of Captivity: Surviving 1,967 Days in the Colombian Jungle by Gary Brozek, Tom Howes, Marc Gonsalves, Keith Stansell (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.42Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn February 13, 2003, a plane carrying three American military contractors - Marc Gonsalves, Tom Howes, and Keith Stansell - crashed in the mountaius jungle of Colombia. Dazed and shaken, they awoke covered in blood with automatic rifles pointing at their faces. As of that moment they belonged to the Colombian terrorist organization kwn as the FARC, American captives in Colombia's volatile conflict that has stretched over the last half century. Now in Out of Captivity , Gonsalves, Howes, and Stansell recount their amazing tale of survival, friendship, and ultimately rescue in its entirety for the first time. Revealing the details of their crash, their horrific treatment at the hands of the FARC, what they witnessed as captives, and how they survived their experiences, this book provides vivid firsthand accounts of their five and half years in the jungle. A story of life, death, survival, and the saving power of friendship - and a glimpse inside one of the world's most torious terrorist organizations - Out of Captivity is a remarkable look at the unbreakable bonds between friends and indomitable strength of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyMarc Gonsalves is a former member of the United States Air Force who worked as a civilian military contractor for four years before the crash. He has a daughter, Destiney, and two stepsons, Cody and Joey. He lives in Connecticut. Tom Howes has been a pilot working in the United States and South America for thirty-seven years. He currently lives with his son, Tommy, in Merritt Island, Florida. Keith Stansell is a former Marine in the United States Marine Corps. He lives with his daughter, Lauren, his son Kyle, his twins Keith Jr. and Nick, and his fiancee, Patricia, in Bradenton, Florida. Gary Brozek is a freelance writer and the author of more than 20 books, including 6 New York Times bestsellers. He lives in Colorado.
- Author(s)Gary Brozek,Keith Stansell,Marc Gonsalves,Tom Howes
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication27/02/2010
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Weight362 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
- AU $34.09New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $24.96New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $25.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.