All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionNate is a young archaeologist who finds himself embroiled in an exciting and, at times, terrifying adventure involving smugglers, Vikings and treasure hunters. He comes face to face with a real 18th century revenue man and his betrothed, Dolly. They become entangled in a race to find a sacred sword and are beset by all kinds of difficulties - t least of all being catapulted between different times. They witness great events, including a horrifying Viking battle, strange discoveries in a graveyard and the mysterious appearance of John Stell, a scribe from Furness Abbey. These adventures take young readers on a rollercoaster ride through time as they pit their strength and skills against their enemies both in the distant past and Nate's present. Furness Abbey is again revealed as a hub of spiritual energy and mystery, holding its secrets close. Nate experiences the loss of two important people in his life, but learns that the end is t always final. He is amazed when he meets them again, in different guises and situations. He soon learns that his adventure is closely connected with events in both his brother and his sister's lives and the story ends with a cliffhanger and the tantalising prospect of further adventures to come...
- Author BiographyGill Jepson is a teacher and Adult Education trainer. Now, as an author, she also freelances in schools, providing literacy and educational workshops. She has had a number of articles published, as well a short school history. She has written two other children's novel, Out of Time: The Secret of the Swan (Matador, 2011) and Guy the Grumpy Gargoyle (Matador, 2012).
- Author(s)Gill Jepson
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 9
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.