Out of the Ashes: The True Story of How One Man Turned Tragedy into a Message of Safety by Charlie Morecraft (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by barc_jemm
- Est. delivery by 26 Jan
- AU $18.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharlie Morecraft had always been a tough guy, reluctant to follow rules, especially the safety procedures for his job as an operator at Exxon. But on the night of August 8th, 1980, his poor choices almost took his life. An explosion on a job site, caused by his own carelessness, led to Charlie suffering near-fatal burns on over 50% of his body. After an extensive stretch in the hospital, a near-suicide attempt and over 50 surgeries, both orthopedic and plastic, Morecraft has taken his tragedy and turned it into a teaching tool for people all around the world. His lesson? Take responsibility. Take personal responsibility for your own well being and that of the people around you. Arrogance and laziness don't bring you home at night. Charlie shares this message in OUT OF THE ASHES As a result of his accident, Morecraft started speaking to groups about his message of responsibility, focusing on occupational and personal safety. Many of his clients are Fortune 500 companies, including his former employer Exxon. The book is the personal inspirational story of Morecraft's accident, as well as his motivational techniques for fostering safety. OUT OF THE ASHES is a book that will teach readers to think twice about the consequences of their actions and live every day responsibly.
- Author BiographyInternationally acclaimed speaker Charlie Morecraft has led an extraordinary life marked by a devastating accident and subsequent redemption, and he shares his story of survival and change with many thousands of people across a host of business sectors. Charlie's firm, Phoenix Safety Management, specializes in educating audiences on the topics of personal safety and responsibility through videos, teleconferences, and personal appearances.
- Author(s)Charlie Morecraft
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrand Central Publishing
- Out-of-print date06/11/2013
- Weight510 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.