All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionTake a management journey to the heart of the restructuring of SN Brussels Airlines, sharing the dos and don'ts of Jean-Frederic Mognetti's three years of hands-on experience as restructuring catalyst to the company. In 2002 SN rose out of the ashes of Belgian airline SABENA, witnessing a remarkable turnaround and returning to continuing profits as early as the second year of operations, even going on to acquire Virgin Express in 2005. This was achieved with a modest equity investment of EURO150 million, 12 times less than the cash that Swiss International Airlines, SN's former sister company, burned through in the same conditions. As well as describing the actions of both the architects and the doers of this startling achievement, Mognetti broadens the management scope of each step of his corporate transformation proposal with the help of a panel of seven CEOs and chairmen. Together, as if in a virtual board meeting, they outline which management lessons to bear in mind to remain on a healthy growth track and avoid a turnaround being more than a remission. The virtual board members are : Richard Lapthorne - Chairman of Cable and Wireless plc Sebastien Bazin - CEO Colony Capital Europe Jose Zurstrassen - Founder & CEO Skynet and Keytrade Bank Pierre Henry - CEO Sodexho Pass International Arthur Lok Jack - Chairman Guardian Insurance Holdings Ltd and Neal & Massy Holdings Ltd Magnus Welander - CEO Envirotainer Bernard Charles - CEO Dassault Systemes This book is fascinating and valuable because it deals with an issue few others touch on, namely how to resurrect a company which has collapsed. This is a must read book for anyone interested in company restructuring whether in the airline or other industries. Professor Rigas Doganis, former Chairman/CEO of Olympic Airways and author of The Airline Business Corporate restructuring is t rmally a challenge that managers or employees have to meet. In Out of the Ashes, Jean-Frederic Mognetti gives us a broad approach and tools to handle such a stressful event, based on his unique blend of academic insight and consulting expertise. Mognetti has skilfully brought into play the experience of seven CEOs and Chairmen who talk about their experience of restructuring, so the book contains a truly grounded set of insights. Richard Gillingwater, Dean, Cass Business School, City of London Former MBA Director at the Paris EAP-ESCP Business School and Professor at HEC, Jean-Frederic Mognetti is a well-respected academic and consultant who has helped organisations across the world to achieve sustainable turnarounds and to grow organically. Mognetti is in high demand for his hands-on strategic expertise and his -nsense advice. An active consultant to CEOs and boards, he has blue-chip clients such as Sodexho, DHL, Xerox and Orange as well as fast growing companies. He is the author of the book Organic Growth, published by Wiley in 2002.
- Author BiographyFormer MBA Director at the Paris EAP-ESCP Business School and Professor at HEC, Jean-Frederick Mognetti is a well-respected academic and consultant who has helped organisations across the world to achieve sustainable turnarounds and to grow organically. Mognetti is in high demand for his hands-on strategic expertise and his no-nonsense advice. An active consultant to CEOs and boards, he has blue-chip clients such as Sodexho, DHL, Xerox and Orange as well as fast growing companies. Jean-Frederick is the author of Organic Growth, published by Wiley.
- Author(s)Jean-Frederic Mognetti
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2008
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight642 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.