All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Billie Jo is just fourteen she must endure heart-wrenching ordeals that child should have to face. The quiet strength she displays while dealing with unspeakable loss is as surprising as it is inspiring. Written in free verse, this award-winning story is set in the heart of the Great Depression. It chronicles Oklahoma's staggering dust storms, and the environmental--and emotional--turmoil they leave in their path. An unforgettable tribute to hope and inner strength.
- Author BiographyKaren Hesse is the author of some fifteen books for children, and was recently awarded a prestigious MacArthur Foundation Genius Grant for her contribution to the literature of children and young adults. Her many novels have garnered considerable success, including the Sydney Taylor Award, the IRA/YA Award, 5 Notable Books for Children, 4 Best Books for Young Adults, and the Newbery Medal in 1998. Hesse has spent many years promotion her books to the school market, and is well-known in classrooms throughout the country. She and her husband, Randy, live in Brattleboro, Vermont.
- Author(s)Karen Hesse
- PublisherListening Library
- Date of Publication11/04/2006
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintListening Library
- Weight104 g
- Width144 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time130
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.47New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $31.69New
- AU $14.60New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.38
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $36.13
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.22
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $12.98Trending at AU $14.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.