All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionMeredith Sue Willis's Out of the Mountains is a collection of thirteen short stories set in contemporary Appalachia. Firmly grounded in place, the stories voyage out into the conflicting cultural identities that native Appalachians experience as they balance mainstream and mountain identities. Willis's stories explore the complex negotiations between longtime natives of the region and its newcomers and the rifts that develop within families over current issues such as mountaintop removal and homophobia. Always, however, the situations depicted in these stories are explored in the service of a deeper understanding of the people involved, and of the place. This is t the mythic version of Appalachia, but the Appalachia of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyMeredith Sue Willis is the author of more than fifteen books, including novels for adults, novels for children, collections of short stories, nonfiction about the art of writing and her most recent Ten Strategies to Write Your Novel. She teaches novel writing at New York University's School of Continuing and Professional Studies.
- Author(s)Meredith Sue Willis
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleRace, Ethnicity and Gender in Appalachia
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.