All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPulses are t only satisfying to eat and a low-fat source of protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals, but they also count towards your recommended five daily portions of fruit and vegetables. Added to that, they are cheap, eco-friendly and readily available. Pulses are edible seeds that grow in a pod, which include dried beans, dried peas and lentils, including red, green, yellow and brown lentils, black-eyed peas, chickpeas, broad beans, kidney beans and butter beans. Taking her inspiration from all around the globe and her love of these nutritionally important foods, Vicky Jones has created a collection of delicious recipes. Over half of them are vegetarian, while the rest make creative use of modest amounts of fish, poultry or meat. Try Moroccan Harira Soup or Cuban Black Bean Soup from the Soups section. Tasty Street Food ideas include Lentil Pancakes with Mint Raita and Brazilian Black-eye Bean and Shrimp Fritters. Also included are stunning Salads, including Mung Bean Salad with Mango and Peruvian Quia. Rediscover classic Main Dishes like Cassoulet or discover an exotic Persian Lamb and Chickpea Casserole with Barberries. The Vegetarian Main Dishes chapter offers familiar favourites with a twist, like Lentil Moussaka, while Side Dishes & Dips pack a sensational flavour punch, such as Keralan Coconut Moong Dal. Finally, Desserts will delight and surprise you with heavenly creations including Black Bean Brownies. Complete with fascinating information on the history and botany of pulses, advice on buying, storing, soaking and cooking them and a summary of their nutritional benefits, this is the go-to cookbook for anyone who appreciates good food.
- Author BiographyVicky Jones was formerly the wine and food editor of 'House & Garden' magazine and travelled extensively collecting recipes and cooking techniques, as well as absorbing the food culture of many different countries. She has written a number of articles in national newspapers and wrote 'Dordogne Gastronomique' for Octopus Publishing in 1994. This is Vicky's first book for RPS.
- Author(s)Vicky Jones
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Content Note140 Col photographs
- Weight724 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.15
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $32.89
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $17.47
- AU $29.37Trending at AU $33.20
- AU $14.72Trending at AU $15.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.