Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionReal situations, real language, real outcomes The second edition of Outcomes is the only course that is consistently focused on helping students achieve the real world communicative outcomes they want and need. This lexically rich course emphasises students' need to have the conversations in English that they would in their own language. This new edition contains more contemporary and global content, reflecting English as it is used in the world and is visible via rewritten texts and new National Geographic photos and videos. There is a strong emphasis on real and natural English usage so students can develop the English language skills necessary for the real world.
- Author BiographyHugh is married with two kids and lives only five streets away from Andrew in north London. He grew up on the south coast of England and in South London and graduated in English Literature from Goldsmith's College, part of the University of London, in 1991. Like many native speakers, he then drifted into language teaching, only really becoming serious about it during a four-year stint in Indonesia in the mid-90s. He returned to London to do his DELTA and then an MA TESOL and moved soon afterwards into coursebook writing. He worked initially with Michael Lewis and Jimmie Hill, the two men behind The Lexical Approach, a book that influenced him enormously. In his (far too limited) free time, he continues to play in a band, The Beatpack; he wrote for a music magazine and DJs occasionally; he reads voraciously; enjoys cooking, and is a life-long Arsenal supporter! Andrew is married with two children and lives in North London with his partner and son, now his daughter has left home. He grew up in Birmingham and went to Nottingham University, where he studied English Studies. After that he went to Spain to teach English 'for a year' while he decided what he wanted to do with his life. It turned out he wanted to teach English! After that he returned to the UK where he worked in various language schools and adult colleges, completed a DipTEFLA and trained to deliver CELTA courses. He then worked at the University of Westminster for 17 years with a four-year break, when he went back to Valencia with his family. When he isn't working, he plays football twice a week, cycles round the city and enjoys London. He grows vegetables in an allotment, cooks and watches TV.
- Author(s)Andrew Walkley,Hugh Dellar
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight658 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.