Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $117.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited anthology, ather fine work from Greenwood Press, should be of acute interest to those responsible for managing or studying outdoor recreation in the US. Unlike most works on this subject, which are written by those active in the field, the contributors to this book are largely political scientists. Their perspectives about policy relevant to the recreational use of public lands are new and make a significant contribution...The 19 contributors examine important topics such as planning for recreational uses of natural resources, citizen participation in outdoor recreation policy making, the measurement of service provision and data needs, bureaucratic value structures, and ecomic/financial concerns...A must for any collection addressing natural resources management. Choice This book includes chapters by some of the leading analysts in outdoor recreation research. Experts in the fields of natural resource management, geography, ecomics, political science, forestry, and leisure sociology address current issues in outdoor recreation policy. The underlying themes of all chapters are the preservation/use dilemma inherent in outdoor recreation policy and the management of natural resources. Extremely comprehensive and current, the volume focuses on the ecomic, social, attitudinal, and demographic considerations pertinent in today's outdoor recreation policy formulation. The first section of the book defines the dimensions of the preservation/use dilemma as well as key concepts in outdoor recreation research. The next two sections focus upon the measurement of the benefits of recreational resources and the financing of maintenance and management of natural resource areas. Ather section includes chapters on the assessment of public preferences and the outdoor recreation demands/needs of various constituencies. The fifth section of the book includes chapters which focus upon federal agencies' approaches to the implementation of recreation resource policies. The final section includes chapters which describe management techniques that may be utilized in attempting to balance the demands of preservation and use. Accessible to a wide audience, the book makes valuable reading for policymakers, administrators, and scholars in the areas of recreation and natural resources.
- Author BiographyJOHN D. HUTCHESON, Jr., is Professor of Urban Studies and Public Administration at Georgia State University. He has published over 30 articles in journals such as Urban Affairs Quarterly, Public Opinion Quarterly, and the Journal of Urban Affairs. He is also the author of three books entitled Organized Citizen Participation in Urban Areas, Racial Attitudes in Atlanta, and Citizen Groups in Local Politics. FRANCIS P. NOE is a Research Sociologist for the Southeast Regional Office of the National Park Service. He previously served as Chairman of the Sociology Department at Daeman College. He has published articles in Leisure Sciences, Journal of Environmental Management, and Rural Sociology. His book, Visual Preferences, was published in 1988 by the U.S. Government Printing Office. ROBERT E. SNOW is Administrator of Georgia's Statewide Comprehensive Planning database and has taught at Georgia State University, West Georgia College and Emory University. His articles have appeared in journals such as Evaluation Review, Journal of Travel Research, Journal of Environmental Studies, and Social Forces.
- Date of Publication20/11/1990
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight615 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byFrancis P. Noe,John D. Hutcheson,Robert E. Snow
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.