All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a clear-cut, -nsense handbook from a veteran ourdoorsman and safety expert. What should you do if you encounter a bear in the wild? What if you fall through thin ice? Or run out of water? Or get sick on wild food? This handy guide provides -nsense information about what to do when something goes wrong in the outdoors - both emergency situations and anying accidents - in a portable format that's easy to use in the field. Concise instruction explains exactly what to do when faced with outdoor trouble, with an emphasis on taking the best course of action right away.
- Author BiographyBuck Tilton is a co-founder of the National Outdoor Leadership School's Wilderness Medicine Institute and a winner of the Paul K. Petzoldt Award for Excellence in Wilderness Education. He has written numerous books on the outdoors and is a contributing editor for Backpacker magazine. Roberto Sabas is a freelance illustrator whose work has appeared in various publications. He lives in Savoy, Illinois.
- Author(s)Buck Tilton
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Noteb/w illus
- Weight141 g
- Width125 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Illustrator(s)Roberto Sabas
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.