Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionEighty years after a smallpox pandemic decimated the global population, Jacen Chester finds himself the sole survivor of his tiny community, just outside the ruins of Philadelphia. Out of the ashes of the old civilization he determines to build a new one. The young man encounters Hakim, a wanderer with a mysterious past, who begins to teach him the arts of self-defense, leadership, and the history of the recent global disaster. Together they gather a small group of people committed to Jacen's vision of the future. The endeavor is threatened from within by Jacen's and Hakim's own sharp disagreements, and from without by ruthless groups having a decidedly different view of the future. The two men must grapple with philosophical differences regarding violence and religious tolerance in a world where the margin of survival doesn't permit mistakes. When catastrophe strikes the growing community, Jacen's leadership is put to the test.
- Author BiographyFrom driving a forklift, to computer programming, to teaching high school math and science, to working as an IT director, C. H. Cobb has done a little bit of everything, but most of his career he's been a pastor. He lives with his wife, Doris, in Greenville, Ohio, where he serves as the teaching pastor at Bible Fellowship Church. Find C. H. Cobb and his other works in progress at www.chcobb.com.
- Author(s)C H Cobb
- PublisherDoorway Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleOutlander Chronicles
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDoorway Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.