All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYoung Bill McCarty ends up in a shoot-out with a posse at Alzada, where he kills Sheriff O'Hara of Belle Fourche. He and his gang split up, each scattering from the area. Bill and his friend, George Axelbee, head for the lawless Montana frontier. At Fort Benton, they split and go their separate ways. Bill tries a stint at bounty hunting, then decides to go to the buffalo grounds. There, he runs into the Nez Perce tribe as they are fleeing from the Army, who is hard on their trail. Meanwhile, O'Hara's son is on the trail to find his father's killer. Action mounts as they all are swept into the Nez Perce exodus through Montana. Lloyd's books are full of characters using the wonderful vintage pistols and rifles of the day - the Sharps, Winchesters, Henry rifles, etc.. The vels are a treat for gun enthusiasts. History buffs will enjoy the historically accurate facts interwoven with the fictional events. This vel contains some black and white photos.
- Author BiographyDave Lloyd is a 4th generation Montanan whose great-grandmother came up the Yellowstone on a steamboat to the head-of-track outside Miles City. She knew and told her family stories of the men and the women who lived at the time. Dave grew up listening to her and his grand-mother, the first white baby born in the county, as they reminisced of that era's rowdy times. As a young man, Dave was a working cowboy and became assistant ranch-manager on one of the largest ranches in the state-Western Cattle Company, with hundreds of sections of land and cattle numbering in the thousands. After working the ranch during the frigid Montana winters, Lloyd wisely got his college education, becoming first a teacher, then principal, then superintendent. He researches his books, and tries to make them historically accurate with their characters true to the times. He lives in Helena, Montana with his wife, Donna, and continues to write of the early beginnings of the state he loves.
- Author(s)Dave Lloyd
- Date of Publication20/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.