All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.35
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
About this product
- DescriptionA Civil War veteran and widower struggles to keep his children alive in a pair of classic Western tales. Things looked dark for Emery Bandine when he returned to Spanish Crossing from fighting in the Civil War. Conditions in Texas were so harsh that he could barely feed his family. He started to gather a stake by rounding up unbranded cattle in the brush country, but he couldn't afford to pay for medical care for his young wife, and she died while bearing her third child. Bandine is left with two children and swears that matter what he has to do, he won't let them grow up to face the same poverty. But how can he fight the Union occupation forces and at the same time protect his children? Outlaws of the Brasada is accompanied by one of Savage's finest short stories, Gunstorm Ghost, a chilling tale of a gunfighter with his back against the wall. Due to his preference for historical accuracy, Savage often ran into problems with book editors in the 1950s who were concerned about marriages between his protagonists and women of different races--a commonplace on the real frontier but t in much Western fiction of that decade. This edition of Outlaws of the Brasada fully restores Savage's original text. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLes Savage Jr. was a profile Western noir author from Los Angeles who wrote nearly one hundred magazine stories set on the American frontier before authoring the first of many novels in 1947. He died in 1958 at the age of thirty-five.
- Author(s)Les Savage
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.