All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing upon his life and professional experiences, AASA Executive Director Paul Houston reflects upon important issues in education. Having first appeared as columns within School Administrator magazine, Houston's insights are organized around six chapters: On Being a Leader , Putting Kids First , The Value of Public Education , Transforming School Reform , Seeing America Through a Distant Mirror , and At the Movies . Steeped in his passions, theories, and extensive travels through the heart and soul of American education as we've moved from the last millennium into this one, Houston's philosophical and practical advice on how educators might improve their work and make the world a better place for our children will interest and inspire educators everywhere.
- Author BiographyPaul D. Houston, who has served as executive director of the American Association of School Administrators since 1994, has established himself as one of the leading spokespersons for American education through his extensive speaking engagements, published articles and books, and his regular appearances on national radio and television. He worked in schools in North Carolina, New Jersey, and Alabama prior to serving as superintendent of schools in Princeton, New Jersey; Tucson, Arizona; and Riverside, California.
- Author(s)Paul D. Houston
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication19/11/2003
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.