All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUniversity endowment managers have generally outperformed the market benchmarks. However, their kwledge has t been well documented in any book. This book fills that gap and should be of significant help to all those who want to learn from extensive interviews with a number of endowment managers. PREM JAIN, McDough Professor of Accounting and Finance, Georgetown University Learn how higher education's largest endowments consistently achieve higher investment returns than the overall market. The Chief Investment Officers who oversee the top academic endowment funds manage over $400 billion in total assets. Over the last ten years (1999 2009), large endowments returned an average of 6.1%, compared to the S&P 500 index average of 2.22%, an outperformance difference of over 8%. With the recent sharp ecomic downturn, and a decade of inflation-adjusted flat returns in the overall equities market, institutional and individual investors alike are looking to endowments for proven strategies for improving the performance of their portfolios. Outperform: Inside the Investment Strategy of Billion Dollar Endowments interviews top CIOs from leading endowments, to detail how they consistently outperform the market, what they predict for the coming years, and how small investors can employ their investment philosophies.
- Author BiographyJOHN BASCHAB is Senior Vice President at Technisource, a leading business services company and a division of SFN Group. He was a cofounder and president of consulting services at Impact Innovations Group before successfully selling the company to Technisource in 2005. After receiving his MBA with honors from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, Baschab worked as a technology consultant to Fortune 500 companies in the Chicago office of management consultancy Booz & Company. He began his career at AT&T following graduation from the University of Alabama. John is an adjunct professor at Southern Methodist University. JON PIOT received a bachelor of science from Southern Methodist University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He began his career at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture) and provided consulting services to Fortune 500 companies at management consultancy Booz-Allen Hamilton. As co-founder and CEO of Impact Innovations Group, Jon led the sale of Impact Innovations to Technisource in 2005 and was part of the executive team responsible for the sale of Technisource to Spherion Corp. He is currently the managing partner at Redpoint Capital, a private equity investment group, and an adjunct professor at Southern Methodist University.
- Author(s)John Baschab,Jon C. Piot
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/09/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight478 g
- Width158 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.