All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe people of Britain have always loved to complain and we do it very well, but the people of Tunbridge Wells turned it into an art. In this new book, the first ever collection of letters from the letters page of the Tunbridge Wells Advertiser, founded in 1847, we are offered an insight into what makes complaining so much fun. Decrying everything from telephones to the excessive singing of Christmas carols, and providing unusual and often touching missives on the major events of the early 20th century, Outraged of Tunbridge Wells encapsulates the charm, compassion, mischief and madness of Middle England.
- Author BiographyNigel Cawthorne has been a writer and editor for 25 years and published the bestselling The Strange Laws of Britain. He has contributed to The Guardian, Daily Telegraph, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror and The New York Tribune amongst others, and has appeared on ITN News, Channel 4 News, Sky News, TV-am, Radio 4's Today programme. He lives in London.
- Author(s)Nigel Cawthorne
- PublisherGibson Square Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2013
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGibson Square Books Ltd
- Width133 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.