Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThere is thing more expensive than a megayacht - private jets and exclusive holiday villas are small luxuries by comparison - and owning one is the ultimate status symbol. In the 1950s and 60s, yachts such as Aristotle Onassis' 325ft yacht Christina were an exclusive indulgence - playgrounds for the rich, famous, heads of state and royalty. Today, fabulous yachts continue to be the definitive way for owners (tycoons, royalty and superstars) to display their wealth, power and good taste - and they just keep getting bigger! They are truly outrageous. This stunning book showcases 19 of these yachts, touring each of the magnificent vessels from stem to stern, and providing information on their builders and designers. Ranging in size from a relatively modest 138 feet to an incredible 424 feet, the yachts covered include the newly built Christina O, Larry Ellison's 424ft Rising Sun, Roman Abramovich's Pelorus, Tom Perkins' Maltese Falcon, and Predator, Hyperion and Sea Force One. There is even a chapter on chartering cruising megayachts in the Grenadines, French Polynesia and Antarctica - a tantalising glimpse at an amazing alternative kind of holiday. This lavish volume will be irresistible to anyone who owns a yacht of any size, or who one day dreams of owning one.
- Author BiographyJill Bobrow is Editor in Chief of ShowBoats International, the world's premiere luxury yacht publication. She was previously Editor of Boat International USA and founder, Publisher, and Editorial Director of Concepts Publishing Inc., a publisher of photographic books on yachting and the Caribbean.
- Author(s)Jill Bobrow
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photographs and illustrations throughout
- Weight1867 g
- Width230 mm
- Height310 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.