All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $20.24Trending at AU $25.34
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.09Trending at AU $24.75
About this product
- DescriptionInternational Book Award, USA Book News Award and IPPY Award Winner! From Memorial Day until the student workers and tourists leave in the fall, the island community of Put-In-Bay, Ohio, thrives on alcohol, drugs, sexual experimentation, and any other means of forgetting responsibilities. To Brad Shepherd-recently forced out of his job as a junior high math teacher after the overdose death of a student-it's exactly the kind of place he's looking for. Allured by the comfort and acceptance of the hedonistic atmosphere, Brad trades his academic responsibilities and sense of obligation for a bouncer's flashlight and a pursuit of the endless summer. With Cinch Stevens, his new best friend and local drug dealer, at his side, Brad becomes lost in a haze of excess and instant gratification filled with romantic conquests, late-night excursions to special island hideaways, and a growing drug habit. Not even the hope from a blossoming relationship with Astrid, a bold and radiant Norwegian waitress, r the mentoring from a mysterious mandolin player named Caldwell is eugh to pull him out of his downward spiral. But as Labor Day approaches, the grim reality of his empty quest consumes him. With where left to run or hide, Brad must accept that identity cant be found or fabricated, but emerges from within when one has the courage to let go. A look at one man's belated coming of age that's equally funny, earnest, romantic, and lamenting, Doug Cooper's debut vel explores the modern search for responsibility and identity, showing through the eyes of Brad Shepherd how sometimes, we can only come to understand who we truly are by becoming the person we're t.
- Author BiographyDoug Cooper has traveled to over twenty countries on five continents, exploring the contradictions between what we believe and how we act in the pursuit of truth, beauty, and love. He now lives in Las Vegas.
- Author(s)Doug Cooper
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication13/08/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Weight404 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.