All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOutsourcing became fashionable in the late 1980s, came of age in the 1990s, and is w a rmal part of corporate life. Written by well--kwn and respected business authors and incorporating new research from Copenhagen Business School, this book covers the newest elements of outsourcing today and discusses how strategic alliances should be established between the buyer and supplier. Topics explored throughout include the scope, scale and importance of what is outsourced; the pricing and risk sharing involved; and changes to organizations which lead them to seek more outsourcing.
- Author BiographyPer V. Jenster is a Professor at Copenhagen Business School, where he has held the post of Associate Dean with responsibilities for various MBA programs. He was formerly a professor of marketing at IMD, Lausanne, Switzerland. He completed his doctorate in Strategic Management at the University of Pittsburgh and was later a faculty member at the University of Virginia. His industry experience includes extensive consulting in the areas of strategic management, marketing planning, competitive analysis and cost evaluation studies, and his research is widely published in books, articles and case studies. Henrik Stener Pedersen manages Oxford Research, a Copenhagen--based international research company. He obtained his PhD from Copenhagen Business School, focusing on outsourcing and quality management, and has conducted studies and analyses in the fields of globalisation, HR policy, competence development and labour market issues. Patricia Plackett holds a PhD in anthropology and is currently completing a PhD in industrial economics and strategy at Copenhagen Business School, where her research focuses on radical innovations. She has lectured in various MBA and other programmes. Her career also includes management positions in Canada and New Zealand. David Hussey was for many years a well--known authority on strategic management, and wrote or edited more than thirty books. He spent fourteen years as Managing Director of Harbridge Consulting Group and was experienced as both a practitioner and a consultant to major global companies across many sectors and industries. He was a founder of the Strategic Management Society, Founding Editor of the Journal of Strategic Change, a director of the Japan Strategic Management Society, and a visiting professor at Nottingham Business School. For his contributions to the effective application of strategic management practices he was awarded the Japan Strategic Management Society Ansoff Award in 1999. David Hussey died in January 2003.
- Author(s)David Hussey,Henrik Stener Pedersen,Patricia Plackett,Per V. Jenster
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width165 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.