All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe care and maintenance of techlogy is a specialized field requiring a diverse set of skills to perform properly. Many libraries find it difficult to attract skilled people because of a lack of personnel budgets, because of a location that is rural eugh to have a limited applicant pool, or because the library lacks eugh techlogical savvy to make effective hiring decisions. Regardless of the reason for the lack of techlogical skill in a library's staff, there are ways to outsource major techlogical functions of the library so that even very small libraries can have the same access to techlogy as the big libraries-and big libraries can manage huge techlogical projects with the same resources and skills as multinational companies. Outsourcing Techlogy: A Practical Guide for Librarians will provide the information and guidance needed for both the smallest libraries to embrace techlogy and the largest libraries to get the most from their techlogy investments with tips and tricks for libraries of size between as well.
- Author BiographyRobin Hastings is the Director of Technology Services for the North East Kansas Library System. In that capacity, she consults with librarians in the Northeast corner of Kansas on technology and technological issues. She can frequently be found presenting about all the cool things libraries do at various conferences around the world. She has presented on Mashups, Cloud Computing, RSS, Drupal, Library Learning 2.0, Project Management, and many other topics.
- Author(s)Robin M. Hastings
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication18/03/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleThe Practical Guides for Librarians Series
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 1 tables
- Weight358 g
- Width216 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.