All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionOvarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS) is a condition that can occur in women undergoing in vitro fertilization, after having follicle stimulation hormone (FSH) injections to stimulate egg growth and maturation. Some patients respond excessively to the drug and dose given. If large numbers of eggs mature, the high hormone levels combined with the increased size of the ovaries, can cause extreme, and sometimes lethal, side effects. The pathophysiology, prevention and management of this syndrome have been revolutionized over the past decade and it is important for reproductive practitioners and infertility specialists to understand the latest findings about this potentially deadly condition. The author reviews in depth the important classification, epidemiology, pathophysiology, complications and prediction, prevention and treatment options for this pathology. This book is intended for infertility specialists, reproductive medicine specialists and assisted reproduction specialists.
- Author BiographyBotros Rizk is Professor and Chief, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of South Alabama School of Medicine.
- Author(s)Botros R. M. B. Rizk
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication08/05/2006
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note43 b/w illus. 4 colour illus.
- Weight650 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.